While not all of those who are struggling with pornography are addicted, pornography addiction is a very real issue for a number of men and women.
Are You Facing An Addiction?
Ask yourself the following questions (content from www.integrityrestored.com):
- Are you using the internet more frequently and/or for a longer time for sex-related activities?
- Are you spending less time with your spouse and kids or other (live) people?
- Are you becoming less productive in your work?
- Do you feel that you need to view more (or more intense) pornography? (This could be a symptom of tolerance.)
- When you don’t use porn, do you experience anxiety, difficulty concentrating, or restlessness and unease? (These could be symptoms of withdrawal.)
- Are you growing increasingly more obsessed with viewing pornographic images?
- You can’t seem to stop viewing (or you stop for a while, only to start up again)--despite adverse consequences to personal health, career, significant relationships, or spiritual life?
There is Hope!
If the situations mentioned on this page are familiar to you or you have experienced sexual wounds in the past, there is hope. If you think you may have an addiction, you should seek competent psychological counseling that embraces the full truth of our sexuality as taught by the Church.
- Augustine’s Brothers - A Support /Accountability group for men’s purity.
Meets on Thursdays at St. Veronica Church in Chantilly from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Visit AugustinesBrothers.org or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
- Alpha Omega Clinic (Catholic clinicians in the greater DC area)
- Sexaholics Anonymous (a group 12-step program)
- RECLAIM God's Plan for Sexual Health
- Angelic Warfare Confraternity: The Angelic Warfare Confraternity is a supernatural fellowship of men and women bound to one another in love and dedicated to pursuing and promoting chastity together under the powerful patronage of St. Thomas Aquinas and the Blessed Virgin Mary.