Heart of Christ
Our diocesan family of faith has the opportunity to learn more about the Heart of Christ. Bishop Loverde released a pastoral letter entitled "Fountain of Life, Fire of Love." Then, on the Feast of Christ the King, as a diocese, we will consecrate ourselves to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Consecration to the sacred heart
On the Feast of Christ the King, Bishop Loverde will consecrate the diocese to the Sacred Heart at the Cathedral of St. Thomas More. Individual parishes will also have the opportunity to consecrate themselves.
- Read Bishop Loverde's column on the graces connected with devotion to the Sacred Heart.
- Suggested ceremony for enthroning the image of the Sacred Heart in your home.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Consecration to the Sacred Heart
Papal encyclicals on the sacred heart
Devotion to the Sacred Heart is a rich part of our Catholic tradition. Read more on what the popes have written:
- (1899) Pope Leo XIII: Annum Sacrum
- (1928) Pope Pius IX: Miserentissimus Redemptor
- (1932) Pope Pius XI: Caritate Christi Compulsi
- (1956) Pope Pius XII: Haurietis Aquas