The Race for Seminarians campaign offers the faithful of our diocese many ways to support our seminarians:
Are you a runner or walker? Join our team, sign up for some races, and offer your prayers, sweat and fundraising efforts for vocations.
Can you cheer them on as a member of our cheer squad?
Can you sponsor their efforts? By doing so, you support diocesan seminarians.
Can you pray for all of these efforts?
Runners can get sponsored for the race(s) of their choice, though most energy has gone into the Marine Corps Marathon and 10K (which are October 22, 2017).
The Marine Corps Marathon Lottery runs March 22 - 29.
The lottery is open now til March 29!
Registration for the Marine Corps 10K opens April 27. Last year this race filled up more quickly than usual, so mark your calendar to sign up early.
Visit our Runners' Page for more information, including on our Kick-off on May 11.
Being a part of the Race for Seminarians Team includes:
- Networking events to meet other runners and find training partners
- Training tips from Ray Pugsley, Owner of Potomac River Runners
- Gait analysis, shoe fitting and discounts for athletic ware
- Training program and schedule
- Creative fundraising materials and suggestions
- Post-race brunch
- And more!
Build your team today!
To join the Race for Seminarians Team:
- Register as a member of the Race for Seminarians team (Coming soon!) and set your fundraising goal. Your goal can be for one race, or cumulative over as many races as you want. Suggested goals: Marathon runners $500; Half-marathon: $250; 10K runners: $175; 5K: $75.
- Select the race you would like to run and register for it (find options
- Start fundraising! Visit the Fundraising page for tips.
Those not running can help by
making a donation online or
by check to a specific runner, or to support the team (and vocations) in general.
How will your donations help?
The Diocese of Arlington invests a great deal in its seminarians to ensure they become well-formed priests. Their formation, including human, spiritual, intellectual and pastoral, requires a commitment of time, effort and money.
Your donations to the Race for Seminarians contribute toward the costs of seminarian education as well as seminarian expenses not normally covered by the Diocese.