Priests from outside the diocese celebrating a marriage in an Arlington parish

Expand / Collapse All

What do I need to do in order to validly and licitly celebrate a marriage in the Diocese of Arlington?

You will need to ask your local superior (Vicar General or religious superior) to provide you with a letter of good standing. This letter must include a statement that informs the clergy office of the completion of a child protection program and background check. The letter should be sent to the Office of the Vicar for Clergy, and a copy should be included in the marriage file.