BASH is our largest gathering of Catholic middle school students (6th-8th graders) every year! This event is a celebration of our Catholic faith and love of the Lord. We are planning for hundreds of middle school students to gather for an evening of faith, fellowship, and fun!
This event includes music, games, inspirational speakers, confessions, and Sunday Vigil Mass. BASH is designed to be open to any Middle School aged youth that want to attend, so please welcome and invite them to participate in the life of the Catholic Church!
WHEN: Saturday, April 29, 2017. 3:30pm-9:00pm
WHERE: St. John Paul the Great High School, Dumfries, VA
COST: $10.00 per participant (youth and adults), which includes all of the great entertainment above, dinner, and snacks.
HOW TO SIGN UP: Young people that want to participate must sign up through their parish point of contact (usually the Director of Youth Ministry).
Mike Patin uses energy, humor and stories to remind people of God's presence among us while inviting others (and himself) to take the "next step" in our journey with God.
Since 1990, Mike has had the privilege of speaking to gatherings ranging from 10 to 23,000. He has addressed youth, adult and family audiences in over 130 dioceses in the U.S. and Canada. He has led retreats, parish missions, leadership institutes, and in-services for clergy, seminarians, school faculties, businesses, athletic teams and hospital staffs.
Mike has worked in a variety of ministry settings since 1984. He spent six years as a high school teacher/coach, and thirteen years in diocesan youth ministry for the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Since 2003, he has worked full time as a speaker and “faith horticulturist.” In 2006, Mike received the National Catholic Youth Ministry Award.
Read more about Mike Patin here.
Young people that want to participate must sign up through their parish point of contact usually the Coordinator of Youth Ministry). The cost is $10.00 per participant (youth and adults), which includes entertainment, dinner, snacks, and an awesome giveaway.
Procedure for Directors of Youth Ministry to sign up your youth:
- Get your youth excited about BASH by putting the poster up around the parish, sharing the promo video, and having some of your older, "veteran" youth talk about the event at a youth meeting or in their CCD class or the classes at the parish's school.
- Get a headcount of how many will be participating, and download the BASH Permission Slip/Forma de Permiso for each to complete.
- Online registration is now open! The registration site is: https://secure4.arlingtondiocese.org/RallyBash/.
- Online registration will be open through April 24 at 11:59p.m. If you would like to register any additional participants after that date, please contact Clarissa in the Office of Youth Ministry at (703) 841-2559.
On Saturday, April 29 (the day of BASH):
- Come to BASH on April 29 (check-in begins at 3:15 P.M.). Be sure to bring a SIGNED ORIGINAL permission slip for each participant and keep it with you at all times.
- When you check in, you will verify your list of attendees, pick up pre-printed name tags and sign a statement agreeing to have the OYM bill your parish $10.00 per attendee.
- Your parish will be sent an invoice following BASH. Instructions on making your payment will be included
- BASH begins at 3:30 P.M. & concludes around 9:00 P.M.
Address and Directions
St. John Paul the Great High School
17700 Dominican Drive
Dumfries, VA 22026
- From Interstate 95 take exit 152A toward Dumfries.
- Travel .5 miles and turn LEFT at Jefferson Davis Highway.
- Travel .7 miles and turn RIGHT at River Heritage Road (There will be a Walmart on the right).
- Travel 1.6 miles and turn LEFT on Dominican Drive.
Poster (printable, 11x17)
Permission Slip (English)
Permission Slip (Spanish)