Funding for the Diocese of Arlington Scholarship Foundation is provided by individuals or businesses who receive 65% tax credit for their donation to the Scholarship Foundation.
Scholarships recipients criteria:
- Families must complete a financial aid assessment to verify income level.
- Family income cannot exceed 300% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- For Students with disabilities, the family's household income must be less than 400% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Refer to the current Federal Poverty Guidelines Worksheet.
- Additionally, recipients must be new to the Diocesan school system and residents of Virginia.
- Transfer from public school or Transfer from out of state or Enroll in Kindergarten or first grade.
- First grade students must transfer from either a public school or out of state.
- OR, recipient must have received this scholarship the previous year.
The Diocesan Scholarship Foundation (tax credit) application must be completed by the local school and submitted to the Office of Catholic Schools. The amount awarded from this fund is limited by legislation, but can be supplemented by other tuition assistance funds.